Both Updates 1.07 and 1.08 are now live for Marvel’s Spider-Man. The first update adds several new features to the PS4 exclusive, including New Game Plus mode, Ultimate difficulty, and two more PlayStation Trophies. The latter implements several bug fixes.
Spider-Man’s New Game Plus mode allows you to replay the game’s story from the beginning, but you have access to every suit, skill, gadget, mod, and benchmark you unlocked in a previous playthrough. However, all open world activities will reset. Ultimate difficulty is now the hardest way to play Spider-Man, upping enemies’ damage output and health while lowering Spidey’s. The two new Trophies added to Spider-Man are tied to these new updates, and you’ll have to complete the game once in New Game Plus and again on Ultimate difficulty to earn the Platinum.
Photo Mode has also been updated. It will now be easier and faster to take pictures, as you can toggle an option for triggering Photo Mode via the left directional button. You can also rotate layers in Photo Mode, as well as use new frames and stickers. Friendly difficulty has also been tuned for a more balanced easy mode.
The full patch notes for Update 1.07 and 1.08 can be found on Reddit, but we’ve also listed them below.
Originally scheduled for October 17, Insomniac later clarified that Spider-Man’s Update 1.07 and Update 1.08 didn’t have a set release date and would launch prior to The Heist DLC, which comes out October 23. The Heist reunites Peter Parker and Mary Jane with Peter’s old flame, Felicia Hardy, aka Black Cat. The DLC adds new story missions, three suits, and Trophies.
Update 1.07 and 1.08 Patch Notes
- Added support for The City That Never Sleeps – The Heist story pack.
- Added New Game Plus.
- Added Ultimate difficulty.
- Added two new Trophies.
- Added the ability to rotate layers in Photo Mode.
- Added new frames and stickers to Photo Mode.
- Added a shortcut option to trigger Photo Mode via the left directional button.
Fixes And Updates
- Tuned Friendly combat difficulty based on player feedback.
- Added a max health cap of 250 and normalized players.
- Added a potential solution for a crash related to graphical artifacting.
- Addressed an issue where players could respawn inside a building in the Financial District.
- Addressed an issue where animation during cinematics could break due to hard drive streaming.
- Addressed an issue where pedestrians would disappear for a frame in the distance.
- Addressed an issue where combat music would persist in the open world after completing a Sable Base.
- Addressed various additional issues.
Author Jordan Ramée
Original Post by GameSpot