After another weekend, The Fate of the Furious is No. 1 yet again. Estimates for the April 28-30 weekend have come in, via Entertainment Weekly, with the eighth installment in the action-racing series bringing in $19.4 million at the US box office and a further $68.4 million from international markets.
Worldwide, the film has now passed $1.1 billion after just three weeks. It becomes Universal’s fourth highest-grossing movie in history, following Jurassic World ($1.67 billion), Furious 7 ($1.52 billion), and Minions ($1.16 billion).
The Fate of the Furious has proven to be a far bigger hit internationally than in the US. Stateside, it’s made $192.7 million, compared to $867.6 million from international markets.
Another notable takeaway from this weekend’s US box office figures was The Circle. The tech industry movie, which features Hollywood stars like Tom Hanks, Emma Watson, and John Boyega, pulled in a disappointing $9.3 million to finish fourth.
The full US Box Office April 28-30 weekend estimates are below, as rounded up by EW.
- The Fate of the Furious – $19.4 million
- How to Be a Latin Lover – $12 million
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion – $10 million
- The Circle – $9.3 million
- The Boss Baby – $9 million
- Beauty and the Beast – $6.4 million
- Going In Style – $3.6 million
- Smurfs: The Lost Village – $3.32 million
- Gifted– $3.3 million
- Unforgettable– $2.3 million
Author Eddie Makuch
Original Post by GameSpot