It was only last week when AMD released its last update for the Radeon Crimson ReLive graphics driver, but today a new version arrived. Version 17.4.4 mainly provides a performance boost in the newly released Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III. AMD claims that the driver gives up to a 7% increase in framerate with Radeon RX 580 and RX 570 graphics cards.
The 17.4.4 update to the Radeon driver also addresses the following issues:
- Some displays may experience corruption when using HDMI scaling.
- Battlefield 1 may experience stuttering in Multi GPU mode with 4K display resolutions when using DirectX 11.
- HDR colors may appear incorrect in Mass Effect: Andromeda on the latest Windows 10 Creators Edition update.
- Some incorrect or unavailable feature descriptions may appear in Radeon Settings under the more/less help section.
- Radeon RX 550 series graphics products may experience a hard hang when the user’s system has not been rebooted for long periods of time.
- Reboot prompt may be missing after Radeon Software installation on AMD XConnectTM technology system configurations.
According to AMD, there are a handful of known issues that still exist:
- HDTV displays may intermittently lose signal on some Radeon RX 480 series graphics products when connected over HDMI.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare may experience a game hang when performing a task switch.
- Radeon WattMan may fail to apply settings on some Radeon R9 390 series graphics products.
- Radeon Settings may crash on switching Windows user after toggling AMD CrossFire technology mode.
- A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
Author Michael Higham
Original Post by GameSpot